Update

It may be cold but it sure makes for a good view.
Alright alright alright, it's been a good while.
Not for no reason, because there is. Nothin' much has happened since Sevilla. I've done a lot of snowboarding, went to Schladming to ski park with a friend etc. Typical Austrian winter life. If you're not skiing your inside.
I'm writing this for a couple of reasons.

1. I haven't written anything in a while and my English is just gar nichts. (Absolutely not, or none in this situation) I am thinking of words in German that I can't remember in English or I can't remember basic synonyms for basic words. It's making a deal with the devil when you learn a second language when you're not young. Sure you were good at English 6 months ago, but oh boy not anymore.

2. ‎Staying inside is kinda something exchange students gotta learn. I mean if you were in your house 24/7 back home, then not much seems out of the ordinary But for me, I was used to doing something like playing golf Every. Single. Day.
Yeah I know that I could go out and ride my bike in the snow and lose my fingers due to frostbite but for some reason, that idea doesn't seem to resonate with me.

As you go through exchange, especially in a northern hemisphere country where you experience winter, it'll get colder. A lot colder. (I'm speaking from my experience, I know if you lived in Michigan then went to Spain, I realize it's probably colder in Michigan. You know what I mean.)
So you have to find things inside to do, you gotta find a purpose. I still don't really know what to do when I get home and no one else is home but I'm working on it.

For anyone experiencing this problem, I recommend talking with a friend and/or hanging out with your host family and/or finding a hobby you wouldn't normally participate in back home.
For me it's rock climbing. I never did it more than a couple of times every couple of years, but now I have my own shoes and harness and I love it. If your looking to have sore fingers and a ripped back then try climbing.

Peace

Comments

Popular Posts