 |
| leg |
We just lifted off! — from the Vienna International Airport, that is.
Why?
Well I'm going to Seville, Spain for a day. Yes that’s right! One full day with 2 nights.
My host dad, Andy, had a business trip and invited me to go along. While he was at his meeting I hung out with Marie, who is from Leoben, but is a nanny for a year in Seville. It was a wonderful trip!
As a side note, I've been speaking a lot more German lately. Ever since New Year's, my host parents have made it almost like their mission to speak almost exclusively German to me.
I'm glad they have decided to do this because I'm not sure that without their support if I could have made such progress in a short amount of time. I can now respond to them in German instead of English,
 |
| bye bye Austria |
As I mentioned earlier this isn't a trip for me. I'm just tagging along which seems to be a good recipe for adventure. I'm along for the ride on a business trip with my host dad, Andy, while I visit my friend Marie in Spain. I think it should be nice. Nice and warm. And when I land I can get something to drink because I'm freaking dying man.
 |
| I know Pepsi is for commies, but man cola tastes good with lemon. |
 |
| Can you see the ocean too? |
 |
| Man when I do this again in 5 months, it's gonna be rough. |
 |
Your boy just got on the connection that I didn't know I had and am now getting ready to taxi.
|
I just landed after flying over the ocean for a while. Man, it's been a long time since I've seen that beautiful expanse of blue.
 |
| Aye it's Marie. |
Tuesday
 |
| Let's see how many pictures we can take of Marie before she notices. |
 |
| It was 1. |
 |
| "And on your left, you will see the Plaza de España" |
 |
| Ugh, get out of my shot Marie, jeez. |
 |
| We'll see pics from her point of view in a sec, I swear. |
 |
| A classic |
 |
The question, when it comes down to it, is not form or lighting or composition...
it's really all about the focus, which I was out of. |
 |
| And here I am, making my debut as a professional model photographer. |
 |
| I'm 90% sure that the Korean woman told us that that gesture means love. I'm also 90% sure that I do not know Korean so don't hold me to that. |
 |
| Hit up my social media for more sweet pics. |
~
Alright, and now to Marie's photos. let's call it, "Photo Memoirs of a Legendary Photographer: The Other Side of the Lens"
 |
| They call me ranch 'cause I be dressin' |
 |
| How to be Touristy: Vol. 1 |
 |
| Wow look at that... russshhhhh |
 |
| Dude the architecture here kills me |
 |
| Hey heyyyy, My great-grandfather has one of these. A Studebaker, not like that exact car. Shout-out to Daddy John! |
 |
| Marie's host sister made a Sims character for me. Very flattering. |
It is 11pm.
We have just finished dinner.
At 11.
Dude.
Like 10 I can see but man these people in Spain eat late. And this was early!
Marie and I met Andy here. I slept at Marie's host parent's house last night but as I must be out of the hotel at 5am, I'm sleeping in a hotel on the last night.
I'm only speaking German with my host parents and mostly German with everyone else. It has helped a great deal and it is noticeable. I feel closer to my host parents and family than I ever have before. I know what they mean when exchange students say your whole exchange changes when you start to understand and speak the language more fluently.
I don't want to leave.
 |
| That was some great octopus. I almost feel bad eating the little geniuses though. |
Wednesday
I'm addicted to the airport lounge life. I know now what
Post Grad Problems meant about this. I can never go back.
 |
| Good snacks and a little rock music gets me home safe and sounds. It's all I need. |
~
Alllllrightyy, time for an update. I'm posting this nearly two weeks after it happened. I've been sorta busy with procrastinating. (Also paying for upcoming trips)
That Vienna weekend I posted before this happened last weekend, so a week after Spain.
I hope y'all enjoyed this one,
-Rushton 26/1/2018
Comments
Post a Comment