Nice Little Ski Weekend

Snow, lots of it

Freitag

My weekend was pretty great. It started on Friday when I went to Graz with Iris and Andy's Mom. It was a truly great time.
The purpose of the visit was to do something Christmas shopping while I saw a little more of Graz along the way.
We went through a toy store and I went to look at Legos but before I could get to them I saw the coolest remote control toys. They were farm equipment with servos at all the points that would normally move on full size equipment and it was awesomeeee.
I also went to to look around a book store while they did shopping I wasn't allowed to see and of course ended up buying a book: Moby Dick.
I also got some new ski goggles, an early Christmas present from my Mom<3. They are really good and Im glad I go to try them out which leads us to the next day!
But first I gotta finish Friday. We drove back to Leoben where the Christkindlmarkt was happening that night. (Christmas Market)
I met up with Reggie there and when we left, we headed to Turrach to ski for the weekend.

Samstag

Saturday morning, Reggie and I woke up in the mountains with another meter of snow on the ground.
We started off skiing the new lifts that were open.
After a burger lunch, I switched to a snowboard after seeing that the pistes were clear.
The first run down an actual slope, (to the dismay of my lovely host mother, instead of walking up a little first like she suggested) I didn't even fall that much.
In fact I got the hang of it pretty fast.
After getting so tired that I couldn't go for more than a hundred meters before falling, I called it a day and proceeded to get lost on the way back to the flat.
Fast forward to that night, Reggie and I opted to stay in and get some rest instead of going out with Mathias, my host cousin, and watch Platoon.
Buds

Sonntag

Today, (Sunday) I started off with skis again for the sake of some family pictures but then again switched to snowboard.
Iris said I should not go on the new lift because I wasn't good at controlling my speed yet. I thought otherwise, but soon figured she was very much right when I tried to ride really slow and control my speed.
I'm glad she recommended me to go to the other lift with less people to practice because it resulted in me becoming a better snowboarder and having some good quality time with Reggie.
Coming home we made a stop at Andy's cousin's house to have a late night Redbull.
Finally after a great weekend and some McDonald's...

I am home.

Comments

  1. Wow! Another super weekend in Austria for you! (Thank you, Filzwieser’s!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts