Update: Nov. 25, 2017
Well, long time no see... Hows it goin?
It's going pretty good for me as per usual. Nothing extremely exciting has happened, however, of course, thats from my point of view. The farther away you read this, the more exponentially interesting it gets.
I haven't written too much lately in part also because I have been sick for the past coupla weeks. I think it's been a combination of allergies and a cold from not wearing a beanie 24/7 in the hopes that I'm cool lookin.
Who am I kidding, I'm always cool lookin.
Last weekend, Reggie and I went to Wels to celebrate a fellow exchange student's birthday party. Lucas is a great guy and we were happy to make the trip up there.
Of course getting together with one exchange student meant that there would be more. Some of the Oida squad showed up and some girls. It was really nice and we all had a good time.
On the way back home, Reggie, Jorge and I enjoyed watching the heavy snowfall occurring outside our window. From a Southerner's perspective, it was very alien. The last time I had seen any snowfall in Texas was like 6 years ago.
The school week after that, I got some rebound sickness and actually needed to stay home for a couple of days, but the chill time was appreciated.
Also, something cool is I got signed up the University of Leoben to take an introductory language course with other foreigners. I'm the only American and the only 16 year old.
Everyone else is 19 or 20 and from places like Egypt or South Africa or Iran.
However, I fit in alright because I'm taller than all of them and have been here two months longer, thus speaking a little better German. However, they have all had 1 month of grammar studies which I have not had but I'm catching up.
![]() |
| A nice Thanksgiving dinner hosted by the Schlederers. Thank you so much for bringing us home for a while. |
Fast forward to today and I'm having a belated Thanksgiving with my killer rotary club and then leaving for Turrach to ski Sunday. I know, rough life.
![]() |
| Drove through a small blizzard coming up to Turrach. It was really alien to me on account of the last snow I encountered in Texas was like 4 years ago. (I like the term alien) |
![]() |
| A little skiing with my host sister, Amelie. |
![]() |
| Snow angels with Reggie, as you do. |
![]() |
| Eventually, you get used to how cold it is and just enjoy it. |
![]() |
| T-minus 1 second before I faceplant. |












Comments
Post a Comment