School, Obstacle Courses and Pizza

If it looks hard, you're right, it was.
Yo yo yo, wos geht oidas!?!?!?!?!

That means what's crackin dudes in Styrish. My local dialect in Deutsch

Friday, Sept. 22

I'm getting real tired of typing these posts in my phone. I would write them on my computer, but I haven't had the charger for about a month for a seemingly unknown reason that fails to make itself known.

That was a depressing start lol. I'm actually super happy here, if you hadn't picked up on that by my constant joy radiating though this blog😂  I also don't think I've seen Reggie for about 8 years now. I wonder if he still looks the same. Maybe he grew out his fro. That would be cool.

School has been awesome yet atrociously boring. Boring because of course right now I can't understand anything, however my mind is revitalized from it's dormant state in the breaks and the jokes and the walking around after school.
Some snow that I can't keep my eyes off in school. Just 10k away... I am so ready for winter, y'all have no idea.
School as a whole, really is a catch 22 for that reason. To have any fun at all, ya gotta have friends that know you well enough to joke around with, and make fun of. But for those friends to be made known to you, your mind must be subjected to 6-8 hours of negative stimulation coming at you from all directions.

Yesterday was nice though. As is supposedly customary for this school at the beginning of the year, our class took the day to go do something active. I've been told that usually it's hiking, but this year, we went to what translates to an adventure park. Essentially you put on a climbing harness, go through a 5min crash course on the use of carabineers and how you should always have one attaching you to a tree. Next your free to go on obstacle courses in the air, from tree to tree. This is pretty much insanity, at least to an American. Because in America, there would be 15 papers and waivers that you'd have to fill out, and it would be guided and dumbed down for those with a little less common sense to keep them from dying.
If one of these parks operated the way that this did in America, it would be sued out of existence before it even opened. It was really pretty liberating to be able to do as you please in a dangerous environment, responsible for yourself.
I'm painting this picture as if I'm out in the wild, surviving like Bear Grilles, but that's what I'm comparing it to.
It's just nice to be unguided.

Awesomeeee

School is different. In some ways good and in some ways, nicht so gut. You're not allowed to wear shoes in school, but it usually ends at 1:30 which is good. It really wears me out though so I'm very tires when I get home.
I don't understand a whole lot but I do my best to pay attention and I think that's the most people can ask for.


Saturday, Sept. 23

Woke up this morning in Vienna.
I knew I was going to be in Vienna...
I didn't just wake up and find myself in Vienna. I came yesterday to hang out with Flo and see a museum or two today.
My throat is really sore from how dry the air is. At least thats what was explained to me.
I also checked my email and realized today was the deadline to RSVP to the Vienna weekend in October.
I hope I sent Walter (head of rotary exchange in Austria maybe I think) the correct passport number...
Here are some pictures from SnapChat that I saved. Some of my favorites:
Gut pizza, besser Freundes

Reggie's class while he's not here😉

Language campp



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts