MotoGP & Language Camp Update.

Ok y'all how's it hangin? I've been pretty great in Austria. I was pretty homesick the first two nights but it cleared up right quick and now I'm living the life. If you haven't check my Instagram, it's pretty rad right now.

I got to Austria in the afternoon and soon after I arrived in my home to meet my host family. Really nice people.
My host bro introduced me to his friend group which is like 8 strong. It's nice getting to a new place and never feeling alone for a second, having people just accept you and invite you to parties. It's cool.
The next day we attended the Moto GP practice on the Red Bull Ring in Austria, watching them gear up for qualifying then the race. Loud and close together, they ride the straights at over 200mph. We got a KTM fan box with a hat, shirt, ear protection and lanyard and an opportunity to sit in the KTM section and cheer along the new team in a sea of orange.
At lunch time the only food that was served anywhere in the ring was frankfurters. They're two links of boiled sausage with mustard, ketchup and a roll. It grew on the exchange student who was crashing at my house and I, it had to. It was the only thing there and it was delicious. Reggie (the exchange student crashing at my house) and I were falling asleep in the stands. We were so tired from the jet lag and 2 hours of sleep we were getting, but it was worth it.
Qualifying was great. The next day as was the race day. Davizioso narrowly beat Marquez, though Mark fought until the very last corner. It was an incredible race and one that I'll remember for a long time to come.
Another cool thing about race day was we shared a paddock guest pass. It gave us access to the center of the track, taking us under the grandstand to the trucks. It was a neat experience only possible through my host parents.
The second we left the race we were on our way to language camp. Reggie and I got there really late on account of the race but we made it in time for a late snack and to introduce ourselves. Since then, it's been 5 hours of German a day, making friends and exploring the beautiful town of Altmünster. There's a huge lake in Altmünster that's cold, clear and super refreshing, that all the exchange students swim at. The view is plainly incredible as is the castle that we are adjacent to at the boarding school.
I'm having a really great time at language camp:)

These are pictures from my time here so far, please enjoy,
Rushton.


















Comments

  1. Brings me back... 😘 Oh so beautiful!!
    Love the pictures and the fun details.

    Hard to believe that you have already had so many wonderful experiences in one short week since your arrival to Austria! Love you!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks like a dreamy place to be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts