Leaving and Arriving

It doesn't feel like I'm so far gone...
This is a collection of notes of my time traveling to Austria.


3:13pm- Texas time.
I left my family at San Antonio airport with my knees weak and a bulge in my throat.  It was tougher than I thought it was going to be, leaving... I'm trying to keep my mind off of what I have just done and am now trying to focus on what's ahead. I want the traveling to be over and I want to be in Austria. In the mountains. I'm decending chopily into Atlanta where I have a couple of hours to wait. Then... It out of my country.

5:07pm- Georgia time.
Just landed. I was like 4 gates away from my layover with about 3 hours to kill so I decided to walk. Sitting in the terminal with people goin to Frankfurt. Lots of German. Can't pick up on a lot of it yet but trust me I'll get there.

5:39pm- Georgia time.
Listening to a piano player eating chow mein and orange chicken from Panda Express, a nutritios and delicious meal;)

5:45pm- Georgia time.
He's playing Piano Man! It might feel like nobody noticed you Mr. Piano Man, but I do and I thank you for taking some stress away.

6:13pm- Georgia time.
Ok I'm like 90 percent sure that the piano guy is on my flight.

7:33pm- Georgia time.
With a TV screen in my face and a heavy heart, I wait to say goodbye to my country.

7:58pm- Georgia time.
Yo it looks like the see next to me isn't taken so don't mind if i do!

8:09pm- Georgia time.
The doors have closed and my seat is still opened. I can safely conclude that I now have an airplane bench seat to lay on.

8:25pm- Georgia time.
Writing this right as I'm taking off, Goodbye America. 7 hours and 41 min left until Austria.

9:48pm- Georgia time.
Halfway through Guardians of the Galaxie vol 2. Just got a Stuffed chicken dinner. Yum.

10:54pm- Georgia time.
5 hours left. Think I'm gonna go to bed. It's weird it'll be the morning in Amsterdam when I get there even though it would be like 3 in the morning in Texas. They just turned out the lights. Night.

2:03am- Georgia time.
It's light outside. I have 2 hours left.

3:17am- Georgia time.
44min left, I will never be tired of the office!!!

9:58am- Amsterdam time.
Just landed, my stomach is killing me for some reason...

10:45am- Amsterdam time.
No internet and my flight is delayed an hour.

11:03am- Amsterdam time.
Finally connected to WiFi, can't text anyone though, because they're all asleep. Time to read I guess.

11:32am- Amsterdam
Boarding right now, WITH internet.

2:27pm- Austria
I was just picked up by my host brother and his grandparents and someone from the club. Customs was hilarious, I went in the undeclared line and waited for about 10 min while some people yelled at the customs officers with a fellow exchange student named Reggie. When I got to them, I declared that I had pecan candy in my bag and he was like, with cocaine? And I said no, no cocaine. Then he waved me through😂
After that I received a warm welcome in Vienna, Austria.

7:36pm- Austria time
Chillin at a bar with some new friends. Not drinking fyi, but it's a good place to be immersed

Gotta go to sleep late tonight so I can help combat that jet lag. I am so fried right now.












Comments

  1. This was perfect, Rushton :) Loved reading every second of it! Keep it up, kiddo, and soak up this awesome experience! Thank you for giving us a ring-side seat to your journey <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made my day!!! Thank you for taking the time to share!! Hugs all around for your host family!! Hope you are resting well and will have an awesome weekend!!! Much love, Gran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing Rushton! I really enjoyed reading your travel adventure and keeping all of us informed. So fun to read!!! We love you bunches!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I loved reading through your travel experiences (and will show Keenan in the morning)! I feel like I have to ask: Was the piano man on your plane? ;-) Looking forward to your continued updates!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see him, I think he was just chillin at the terminal

      Delete
    2. I didn't see him, I think he was just chillin at the terminal

      Delete
  5. Have fun! Can't wait to read about all of you adventures! Hugs and Prayers!

    The Holt Family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts