Last Day of Language Camp (The Best Night of My Life)
![]() |
| The Rotary Club of Gmunden hosted us at the local yacht club. It was super prettyyyyyy. |
Next is a large breakfast then class until 12. Lunch is the best part of the day, it's similar to a dinner in the US. Its the biggest of the three meals and usually has dessert. There is a really long lunch break so besides just eating, you can also just chill or play a pick up soccer game or take a nap.
Free time comes after the rest of the class gets through at three and usually we head to Altmünster, a beautiful lakeside town. Our time spend there consists of three errands: getting a dürüm, going to the SPAR (a euro grocery store) for chocolate, and swimming in the lake.
We went to a salt mine in Hallstatt the other day... Oldest in the WORLD. super cooooool. We went on a tour as a group into the mountain. Like 500m. We learned a ton about salt production and such. In the mountain, sometimes we would take a slide to go down deeper. Lucas, a guy in our camp played what are the odds about whether or not he would down a souvenir bottle of salt they gave us. He lost and took three times his daily intake of salt.
Oh also, on the way up to the entrance of the mountain we took this super steep tram which was a trip. That was a lot of fun and it put into perspective the amount of mineral resources that Austria provides to the rest of Europe.
Also, today my friends spontaneously decided on our last day in Altmünster to finally go tube behind the boat that kept making wakes where we were swimmin. It was am awesome thing to do with friend and I just remembered to include it in this post lol.
We were told about a talent show last week and when one of the counselor/chaperone things asked who wanted to MC, I volunteered of course. My hand shot up as dreams of the fake Oscars audience roaring filling my ears😂😂😂
So I end this post with my opening speech.
-Rushton.
Well it's the last day of camp. We have made some really good friends that we are all reluctant to leave. Yes it will be nice to be a little bit more independent when we get back to host parents, but losing contact with best friends is still sad. we'll see each other in a couple weeks but I guess it still won't be the same, For a friend you make at camp is unique. A friend at camp is both made out of choice and necessity. Necessity because... Well you have to make some friends, right? Even the advanced kids need someone to talk to and laugh with.
And choice because without it we would just be children, out on the playground, making friends based on a set of standards decided by who lives close to the school.
But here, it's our decision to be consciously made. And that means something. About who we choose, and how we choose to spend time with them.
People have said I've cared a little too much about this talent show or variety show or music festival or whatever you want to call it, but Ive seen it as the ending to a short story, and I don't know about you... but I want it to be a damn good one!
P.s.
Big thank you to everyone that went to this camp. You have given me a great experience as I hope I have given you.❤️
![]() |
| Makin rad jokes yo |
I just got done hosting what the counselors have told me as the best talent show that had ever taken place at this camp.
I worked really hard on this production as did some others to make this show work as good as it did. We fiddled with lights and rearranged chairs, I wrote a good speech and came up with some witty jokes on the spot. It was a huge success and I will put it up there with one of my favorite nights in memory. Words cannot describe how happy and whole this night has made me. Thank you all.
















What an experience!! Language camp SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST! AND.... BRAVO for jumping in and volunteering for talent night!!!! Love love love, Mom
ReplyDelete❤️❤️ Gran
ReplyDelete