Summer Update

Trevor and Cruze, Making the climb.
I'm getting anxious to leave. My time left here is dwindling and I am trying to do as much stuff as I can before I'm gone. After I finished my classes from school (I did in the summer to lighten my course load for senior year), I had a lot more time on my hands. Time for old hobbies to once again come forward after being pushed away for so long.
I got some of my model airplanes flying and it felt really good. There is one plane that I bought last year that is called the Ultimate Kaos (pronounced "chaos") I fired it up with a new glow plug and it pulled really hard. Super exciting, it just needs a little tuning for it to be golden.
I started riding my bike at grave yard again. When I returned after a month, Palm Tree Ln was ready and running. Easily my favorite line right now, I just completed it last week. I'm having a party with the graveyard trails crew before I leave. Looking forward to that.
Another thing that has happened recently is me getting to fly again. In real planes. Well, one real plane. An Aeronca Champ.
In a Super Decathlon starburst color scheme, cute.
My Dad's friend Bill Speer has a couple of planes and his Champ was in Seguin. I got the opportunity to fly and I took it one morning. I circled my school, CMC and McQueeney. It's hard to see the gauges when you sit in the back, maybe next time he can be MY co-pilot.
Seguin High School
I'm extremely thankful for the Speers. They have been incredibly generous and kind. It goes without saying that we need more people like them in our world.
Right now I'm touring Rice. I think so far, it is definitely a contender. It is beautiful and you can tell the people here are really intelligent.
More to come,
-Rushton

Comments

Popular Posts