I Can't Wait

This a short film, not with me in it. It's a lot greener right now.
There's a place I ride my bike, called Graveyard. They're called BMX trails. Made out of dirt, they rise from the ground. Not by accident, but by hard sweaty work, yards or dirt, and aching back muscles.
Because of school, I can't get out there during the week, so I have to ride weekends. I try to work as much as I can to pay my way. No dig, no ride.
I ride the small line, but I think I'm alright. Riding trails is different from all different forms of BMX. Unlike any other form of BMX. Trails require immense upfront work for days at a time, just to ride something that might easily get destroyed by a flood or a disgruntled city worker. But those runs through a roller coaster of doubles, experiencing the ground leaving you, flying for a moment in the air, then pointing your nose down and falling to the ground, getting caught by the landing are all worth it.
They're not straight, the lines. That's why their called trails. If they were straight, you would just have to have courage (or stupidity) to get through them. But trails twist, sink and rise through the trees, through the woods. Railing berms and making odd hips are not something just a straight-line dirt jumper experiences. I'm not trying to bash street or park, I wish I could do that stuff, I just feel more at home on the trails.
I got a job at an auto shop that I have been really trying to get. I'm excited to start and think mechanically instead of socially. A nice change from my current day to day life. Reading my blog so far it would seem that I hate the high school student life. While that might be true, I don't feel that being a student in public school prohibits me from doing what I want. People say in the end, that I'll is a better person because of what I have experienced here. I don't know. And ever since I got accepted to be an exchange student, I no longer care.
It'll soon be me and the world. Meeting new people, seeing new sights, and trying new things.
I can't wait.

Comments

Popular Posts